St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School in Nottingham are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. This post is to work supporting the attainment and progress of children within the classroom and in small group interventions.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
• able to manage the academic demands of the whole primary curriculum, working with children across the whole ability range;
• well organised, with high expectations of pupil attainment and progress;
• flexible and enthusiastic;
• able to show initiative;
• able to work collaboratively with all members of the school community – in particular the class teachers.
• able to deliver high quality phonics teaching
We will offer you:
• a warm and welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos;
• children who are confident, happy and eager to learn and achieve;
• a fun, supportive and committed school team led by passionate leaders;
• a commitment to developing your CPD
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office.
All applications must be received by Human Resources by Wednesday 8 July 2020 (9.00 am)
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Contract hours: 32.5 hours per week