Phase: Secondary with sixth form / Role: Teaching / Lecturing
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Teacher of Science to join our experienced science department. As a teacher at BHFCS, you must be an excellent classroom practitioner dedicated to seeing every pupil achieve their maximum potential. If you are looking for a school that will help you to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
What we are looking for:
- A professional who is forward thinking and capable of inspiring students through their passion for science.
- A successful teacher who believes in bringing out the best in every student and who believes in the potential of all.
- A team player who will work alongside the strong department to continually evaluate and improve their quality of teaching and learning.
- An individual who has the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
- Applications are welcome from ECTs/NQTs, from more experienced colleagues who are looking for a change or someone considering returning to teaching where you will be fully supported.
Why choose our school?
- Join a highly successful science team that has an exceptional track record for training teachers.
- We offer excellent opportunities for professional development and a bespoke programme of support and training based on individual need.
- Small A level classes ensuring high quality of teaching and progress at Key Stage 5.
- £1,000 Golden Hello to welcome you to our team.
- A unique ethos due to our Catholic identity with students at the heart of all that we do.
We offer separate and double award at GCSE (AQA) and all three Science disciplines at A Level, along with Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science. The successful candidate will need to be able to teach all three Science disciplines up to and including GCSE Level and, for the right candidate, the opportunity to deliver A level teaching.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to develop in a dynamic environment where strong professional relationships exist.
We are part of the PiXL group of schools, whose aim is to promote student achievement through academic success.
Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School is a successful and oversubscribed school. We are committed to character education, helping students flourish not only through academic excellence but by offering them the opportunities to grow and develop.
It’s an exciting time to join our friendly, supportive and dedicated staff.
An application form can be downloaded from our website – Vacancies – Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School
You can submit your application via the upload application link.
Closing date: 12 December 2023.
Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Interviews will be organised as and when applications are received.
The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To apply for this job please visit: www.hughfaringdon.org.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.