Number on roll 1382 (with 203 in the Sixth Form)
Required for April 2022
Teacher of Science – MPS
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of Science who are looking to join a school committed to academic and pastoral excellence.
This position is open to main scale teachers or those seeking additional whole school experience as part of our Extended Leadership Team. For the right candidate the role could be combined with a whole school leadership responsibility. The details of the responsibility and salary would be agreed at interview.
You will be joining a friendly, thriving and collaborative department, where pupil progress and outcomes are central and teaching and learning supports achievement for all. Furthermore, Science subjects are a popular A Level choice within our Sixth Form.
Cardinal Newman Catholic School is a very successful 11-18 Catholic school set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations and a positive outlook
- Be an outstanding class practitioner
- Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
- Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
- Support the ethos of Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What we can offer:
- A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
- A drive for success for all students
- A dedicated teaching and support staff that support students to achieve their maximum potential.
- High expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
- Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 7 December at 9.00am
Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply for this job please visit: www.cncs.school.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.