Phase: Secondary / Role: Teaching / Lecturing
Dates: Job start 1 September 2024
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 28th February 2024 at 9:00am
Interview date: During week of 11th March 2024
The governors are seeking to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of English. The successful candidate will be expected to teach English across the age and ability range.
- An enthusiastic, committed and well-qualified English teacher required to join a successful, hardworking and forward thinking English Department.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher with outstanding skills to join a group of professionals who are having an impact on the learning of the young people in their care. The English department is committed to making a difference to the lives of young people at St Cuthbert’s.
- The successful candidate will be able to deliver English at both Key stages and evidence a flexibility to contribute to the overall development of the department.
- At KS4 GCSE, AQA English Language and Literature is offered.
- Applications welcome from ECTs/qualified teachers
What we can offer:
- A shared vision and ambition to deliver excellence for our young people
- An opportunity to share in shaping the school’s improvement journey
- Happy children who aspire to do their best
- Motivated and dedicated staff
- Commitment to Continued Professional Development
A vibrant community, uniquely created by God, which embraces everyone, especially those in need and celebrates difference. Enabled by a staff, dedicated to our Catholic ethos and a culture of excellence, our young people will be inspired to know more, and be more.
This school is committed to delivering an outstanding education, with all students making rapid and sustained progress not just in terms of academic achievement, but preparing the young people of St Cuthbert’s for life in the modern world, empowered by our dedicated staff to become caring citizens and resilient learners who achieve excellence.
We are a school with an outstanding Catholic Christian ethos. We are a school with students who flourish because of the attentiveness to their needs and the pervading sense of justice instilled by staff. We are a school with students who are confident to take full responsibility for themselves and their actions and are quick to praise and celebrate the achievements of others. We are a school that works together as a Christian family to live the message of the Good News of Jesus Christ to love God and our neighbour. For the sixth year in a row, we are an oversubscribed school for 2023-24.
We are St Cuthbert’s
St Cuthbert’s is a Catholic community, which guides each of its students to develop their own unique gifts and talents, whatever they may be. By providing a broad range of learning experiences and a supportive and nurturing environment, our students enter the world as confident, rounded individuals, with high expectations of themselves and the self-belief, skills and attributes to achieve their true potential. Everyone in school is here for a purpose, to learn each day, and to widen their knowledge, experience and imaginative understanding.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Interested candidates can contact the Headteacher should they wish to discuss the position further, whilst visits to the school can also be arranged.
All completed applications to be sent for the attention of Mrs C Twist, Headteacher by email to email@example.com by the deadline of 9:00am on Wednesday, 28th February 2024.
As outlined in the DfE’s Keeping children safe in education, once candidates are shortlisted for interview, we wish to inform you that online searches may be carried out as part of due diligence checks.
In July 2022, Ofsted Inspectors returned and confirmed that St Cuthbert’s continues to be a good school.
“Pupils told inspectors that the best thing about the school is the education that they receive. They value the purposeful learning environment. Pupils focus on their work in class and co-operate well with one another. Leaders and staff have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and academic success. Pupils have pride in their work”.
To apply for this job please visit: www.stcuthberts.com.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.