Phase: Secondary with sixth form / Role: Teaching / Lecturing
Teacher of English
M1-M6 / UPS – dependent on experience
Required for September 2024 The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is seeking to employ a Full-time, Permanent Teacher of English
The Governors of The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School require a highly motivated and hardworking teacher of English who is committed to raising the achievements of our students. You will be joining a strong specialist team with a track record of success and a passion for teaching English. You will teach in designated teaching rooms with outstanding teaching resources and will be part of a large, extraordinarily successful English team. Applicants with experience in teaching A Level are particularly welcome to apply.
In 2023 40% of pupils achieved grades 9-7 in both English Language and English Literature whilst 80% achieved grades 9-7 in Language and Literature.
We welcome applications from all candidates willing to support the Catholic ethos.
What we offer:
- Outstanding results, at both GCSE and A levels, from our well-motivated students (Ofsted Outstanding 2018)
- A school that has been in the top 3% nationally for Progress8- 2015 to 2022 and in the top 1% in 2023
- An IT-rich environment and high-quality learning facilities
- Outstanding CPD provision
- A supportive and open management team
- Inner London weighting salary benefits
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
What you offer:
- An enthusiasm and commitment to ensuring that our diverse student body develops the knowledge and understanding central to the discipline and their own lives.
- A determination to embrace and develop your own knowledge of the discipline of English
- A desire to become part of a learning and caring community dedicated to improving the lives of our children and the wider community.
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is an ambitious and caring community, committed to fulfilling the gifts of each student, reflected in the school’s mission statement “Education for All = Achievement for All”.
Informal visits are welcomed; please contact Avani Raval – firstname.lastname@example.org
closing date for applications is March 1st, 2024 and should be sent by email to
Interviews are to be arranged with the following shortlisting.
The role will commence September 2024.
If you need any further information, please contact Avani Raval by email at email@example.com or telephone 020 8575 8222.
Please visit our school website for more information.
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced CRB Disclosure by the DBS, please refer to the documentation required for legal checks on the school website: www.wiseman.ealing.sch.uk
To apply for this job please visit: www.wiseman.ealing.sch.uk.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.