SEN Teaching Assistant
Hours: Full time
Salary: Scale 3
Required for Autumn Term 2021
St. Aloysius’ College is a Roman Catholic Boy’s secondary school with a Mixed Sixth Form in the borough of Islington. It has provided the local community with over 140 years of high-quality education. The College is currently going through a phase of rapid improvement and we are looking to recruit staff to help us deliver an outstanding education to all of our pupils.
It is a friendly and supportive school community with a focus on excellence and high expectations of all. Staff development is a priority on our journey to Outstanding. We are seeking to appoint a bright, ambitious and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant, to work within our SEN department
We can offer:
• Friendly and generally well behaved children who deserve the best
• Supportive, hardworking Governors and colleagues who care passionately about our school and the local community
• Dedicated leadership time and future career development
We are looking for someone:
• Who has high expectations of pupil achievement, attainment and behaviour
• Who is confident in their ability and has solid knowledge of the current curriculum so that they are able to ease the pressure from the subject Teacher.
• Who are able to plan, prepare and engage pupils while enabling them to learn, and equipping them with the necessary skills they require to achieve their full potential.
• Who keeps pupils at the heart of Teaching and Learning.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
St. Aloysius’ College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Please email your completed application to Debbie McDonagh at: firstname.lastname@example.org