Salary – MPS/UPS & TLR2B
Closing Date: Monday 26th February 2024
Start date: 1st September 2024
An exciting opportunity for a teacher of English with outstanding potential to join our ambitious and vibrant school. The English department is at an exciting time in its development and offers English Language and English Literature to all pupils, Media Studies at Key Stage 4 and offers a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities. We have been judged by Ofsted to be a ‘Good’ school and are now looking for an energetic, committed individual who is excited to contribute to the next stage of our journey. We celebrate innovation and can offer a highly supportive leadership team and staff body with a real investment in professional development to support you in making an impact for our students.
About Loreto High School
- Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. “The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community.” Section 48 Inspection 2020
- Loreto High School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey “Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.” Ofsted 2019.
- A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents “… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.” Ofsted 2019 Parent View
- “School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.” Ofsted 2019
- Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; “Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.” Ofsted 2019
- We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
- Excellent CPD programme to support teachers at each stage of their career; “The training programme which leaders manage is well planned and implemented.” Ofsted 2019
The successful candidate will be an experienced teacher of English with:
- the ability to work alongside the Head of Department to lead the English department in delivering the highest standards for our pupils across Years 7-11.
- knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments and teaching and learning strategies in English
- the ability or potential to teach inspirational lessons to a range of abilities across both key stages;
- an enthusiastic commitment to developing the school’s Personal Development offering;
- a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
- the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students;
- excellent subject knowledge;
- a desire to work collaboratively and to make a real contribution to the development of our department and the progress of our students;
- Understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes.
We are committed to providing staff with high quality, professional development. We hold regular training to develop the skills and knowledge needed by staff in their current role or look towards the next step in their career. The induction of new staff is important, and we have tailored programmes to meet individual needs. In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
- Employee Assistance Scheme provided by Health Assured – unlimited access to advice, information and face to face counselling support on a range of issues including emotional, personal, legal and financial or relationship issues for yourself and those living within your household.
- Bike2Work Scheme- where you can save money on the cost of bicycles and equipment
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we invite you to submit an application. Your application should explain fully your suitability for the role as detailed in the Job Description and tailored to meet the Person Specification in terms of your knowledge, experience, skills, qualities and qualifications. An information pack and application form can be downloaded from the documents below or from the school’s website.
For an informal discussion or if you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Mrs Michelle Pentland, Head of Administration Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants from overseas should obtain an overseas criminal check before applying for a visit as the post is in an education sector.
Loreto High School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in “Keeping Children Safe in Education”, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred-list check, together with additional checks as part of the shortlisting process, including carrying out an online search (including social media).
More Information can be found at www.loretochorlton.co.uk
To apply for this job please visit: loretochorlton.org.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.