LGS Scale 5 Point 8 – £20,493 per annum pro rata
Actual salary – £17,490.19 per annum
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 INSET days)
We require a Pastoral Mentor from January 2022 to support student wellbeing and academic progress. Working closely with Heads of Year and the wider pastoral team, pastoral mentors are the first contact for parents and students regarding pastoral issues, and are instrumental in ensuring the high quality pastoral care upon which the school is founded.
Whilst currently the position is primarily to support sixth form students, the role may also extend to Year 11. Year allocations can change dependent on need.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of safeguarding and child protection.
- Display a caring & sympathetic nature that will allow them to encourage students towards high spiritual, moral and academic standards.
- Inspire and motivate, eliciting trust & confidence from students as well as from parents & carers.
- Exercise diplomacy & sensitivity in liaison with parents & carers and with staff.
- Provide administrative & practical support to Heads of Year, maintaining detailed and accurate records.
Show initiative, working well both independently and as part of a team.
For an application pack please contact the school office or follow the link from the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website www.sjp.essex.sch.uk
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and fitness to work declaration.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 5th December 2021
Interviews: Thursday 9th December 2021
To apply for this job please visit: www.tes.com.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.