Phase: Primary / Role: Leadership
Closing date: 26/02/2024 at 12:00
Interview dates: 19/03/2024 & 20/03/2024
Job Start Date: September 2024
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Full-time
Salary Type: Leadership Scale
Salary Details: The indicative salary is set at (L8) £56,082 – (L14) £65,010
Hours of Work: Full time
Location of Role: East Cowes, Isle of Wight
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Holy Cross is a small Catholic primary school set in idyllic surroundings in East Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Life at Holy Cross is underpinned by Gospel values enabling our children and staff to fulfil their potential. Our Governors and young and enthusiastic staff are looking for a leader to drive the next phase of the school improvement journey to achieve a good outcome at the next inspection.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is committed to ensuring a safe and positive school experience for all children.
- Will maintain and further develop the school’s Catholic ethos and partnership with the community.
- Will lead and support staff to raise standards.
- Is a role model and inspires others.
- Has great leadership and communication skills.
- Understands the journey from requires improvement to good.
- Is approachable and supportive and will celebrate the achievements of all.
- Can continue to develop teaching and learning.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic and motivated children.
- Young and passionate staff who are keen to improve.
- Experienced and supportive governors.
- Beautiful grounds and vistas.
- The opportunity to work in a strong cluster of local headteachers.
The Governing Body has identified three priorities it would like the new Headteacher to focus on during the initial year of headship:
- To establish and develop effective relationships with children, staff, parents, governors, and the community.
- To prepare and lead the school for a successful outcome in its Catholic Schools Inspectorate inspection.
- To raise attainment through the implementation and embedding of the wider curriculum.
We welcome visits to Holy Cross Catholic Primary School and would be delighted to show you around. If you would like to come and meet us, please email the Chair of Governors, Stephen Hendry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find attached the Headteacher Information Pack and application form. Applications will need to be returned to Education Personnel Services, electronically to email@example.com
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Job Application Downloads:
To apply for this job please visit: hampshire.education-jobs.org.uk.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.