The Local Governing Body of St Cuthbert’s RC High School is seeking to appoint two Deputy Headteachers, who alongside the existing Headteacher will play a key strategic role in building an exceptional and caring learning environment where all members of the school community can thrive.
The posts have become available due to the promotion of the existing postholders. We are seeking to appoint a committed and practising Catholic who has the experience, motivation, enthusiasm and skill set to work in partnership with the Headteacher and other stakeholders to help lead the future vision and development of St Cuthbert’s RC High School.
St Cuthbert’s is a comprehensive High School situated in Rochdale, welcoming students aged 11 -16 from a wide variety of partner primary feeder schools. We are part of the St Teresa of Calcutta Roman Catholic Academy Trust. The successful candidates will work with the existing Leadership Team and the St Teresa of Calcutta Trust to provide the best possible Catholic education and opportunity for our pupils.
As a member of staff at St Cuthbert’s you will work within the school and more broadly be able to collaborate with our colleagues in other schools across our Trust. Local and central development opportunities will support the growth of the candidate.
At St Cuthbert’s, we believe that we should be the best that we can be in everything that we do and this mission is at the heart of everything that we do.
St Cuthbert’s is a popular and exciting school providing a wonderful environment for learning. The successful candidate will be joining a school which is progressive, innovative and extremely ambitious. The Local Governing Body and Senior Leaders are committed to professional development and staff well-being. The successful applicant will be supported via a bespoke training and development plan appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
Key responsibilities will be determined according to the appointed candidates’ strengths and experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising and committed Catholic role model for everyone within our community and able to articulate a clear vision for Catholic education
- Be an exemplary teacher by endorsing and following the agreed school policies
- Have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build happy teams in school and with external parties
- Have proven leadership skills within secondary education and experience of leading school improvement
- Demonstrate an ambitious drive for each child within the Trust to succeed in all aspects of their lives
- Have the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate both students and colleagues to meet and exceed expectations
- Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
- Have a willingness to uphold our Catholic mission and values
- Be committed to enrichment
We can offer:
- A caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos
- Friendly and committed staff who are supportive and open to new ideas
- Close links and group support from other schools in this forward-thinking Catholic academy trust in this exciting time in our development
- An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals
- A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Supportive leadership at all levels
- An inclusive learning ethos
Closing Date: Friday, 1 March 2024 at 9.00 am
Shortlisting Date: Monday, 4 March 2024
Interview Dates: Tuesday, 12 and Wednesday, 13 March 2024
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Louise Brown by email email@example.com.
St Cuthbert’s RC High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for this job please visit: www.tes.com.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.