Phase: Secondary with sixth form / Role: Teaching / Lecturing
“Aspire not to have more but to be more”- Oscar Romero
Our Lady’s Catholic College is a successful comprehensive school with an excellent sixth form provision situated in Lancaster, Lancashire. We are growing in popularity and currently oversubscribed due to recent improvements not only in results but also in pupils’ behaviour. Parents recognise the excellent standard of pastoral care and we have a culture of high expectations resulting in a happy school to work and learn in.
We belong to a Catholic Teaching Alliance and have a sharp focus on research based CPD which allows our staff to engage in the current approaches to understand how learning takes place. This inspires our staff to give the best possible learning experience to enable our pupils to be more effective learners.
We are thrilled to be looking for a new member of our Religious Education team to join us at the perfect time to help develop a brand new KS3 curriculum and assessment programme.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong and experienced team of 6 RE teachers and will have the opportunity to support our pupils in deepening their understanding of Theology, Philosophy and Ethics across Key Stages 3,4 and 5.
If you would like to be part of a new chapter in our success story, please read on:
We are looking for
• A teacher who has a mastery of their subject and a passion to ignite enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity in our pupils
• A teacher who will carry out a range of assessment strategies and provide high quality feedback to pupils that will enable them to make at least good progress
• A teacher who understands the process of learning and is committed to their own continuing professional development
• A teacher whose positivity will inspire and motivate students to lifelong learning, raise their expectations and enable them to embrace opportunities beyond their current experie
• A teacher to be an integral part of our Catholic community and establish good relationships, with pupils, parent and staff, that are built on the Gospel values
What we can offer you
• A well-resourced department with a brand new RE office under development
• A strong family ethos with a happy and harmonious environment actively promoted by school leaders
• The opportunity to teach year 12 and 13 in our sixth form centre
• Well-equipped classrooms including five bespoke I.C.T. suites
• Comprehensive P.E. facilities with a climbing wall, sports hall, gym and dance studio.
• The opportunity to be involved in a wide range of social activities with our school community: Workout Wednesdays, Football Fridays, talent shows, park walks, family barbecues, wellbeing group … and we’re always open to suggestions for more!
For more information, please refer to the attached documents and the ‘learn more about this school’ link at the bottom of this page.
Please note we would welcome applications from ECTs.
This post is 0.8 FTE
Starting date – January 2024 (later start date considered for the right candidate)
Closing date – by noon Wednesday 6th December 2023
Interviews – Wednesday 13th December 2023
Please apply via the ‘quick apply’ link on TES.com – you can apply this way, even if you do not currently have a TES account.
To apply for this job please visit: www.tes.com.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.