St. Joseph’s RC High School
Part time (0.6) – Teacher of RE
Required for January 2021
The governors of this 11-16 Voluntary Aided RC High School are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of RE. The ability to teach Year 7 music/lead musical collective worship is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. You will be passionate about sharing your love for Religious Education and encouraging the curiosity of young people to address questions of life that challenge young people to see the world in a different way. You will be committed to equipping students to achieve the best possible grades at GCSE level in RE. Joining a dynamic and forward looking department you will be given the opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast paced life-transforming team.
As a Catholic Christian community, we offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to engage with wonderful students who with the right guidance can be inspired to achieve their full potential. Applicants from practising Catholics and other practising Christians are encouraged. The school has a very successful and effective induction programme for new colleagues.
We are very determined in our mission to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding practitioner to inspire students of all ages and abilities. We welcome applications from those new to the profession as well as more experienced staff.
The successful candidate will:
• Be willing to actively support the Catholic Christian ethos of our school
• Have a passion for teaching and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• Have a high level of assessment, monitoring, tracking and intervention skills
• Have the potential to be an outstanding teacher
• Have the resilience to work as a team to mend broken lives, fan the flames of enthusiasm and further inspire those who are already excited about a bright future
• Have the drive to prepare young people to be ‘game changers’ in the world.
Do you have what it takes to realise our dream? Can you inspire young people to ‘dream the impossible and achieve beyond their wildest imagination?’ Be part of our life transforming team!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.