Number on roll 1366 (with 210 in the Sixth Form)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Main Professional Scale
Full Time – Permanent
Required for: September 2021
Cardinal Newman is a popular 11-18 Catholic School and Specialist Arts College, set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong, long-standing relationships with the local community and beyond.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic teacher of English to join our warming and friendly faculty. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality teaching and learning, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
We are extremely proud of our successes and are determined to continue to improve to meet the needs of our students. We are an overstaffed department who thrive on working collectively to develop our teaching and learning.
This post is suitable for an experienced teacher who could lead on a particular area within the department.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the capacity to teach English/Media across all ages and ability ranges.
- Be willing to teach Drama at Key Stage 3
- Be open to teaching A Level English and/or Media Studies.
- Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
- Have fantastic classroom management and organisation
- Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
- Promote the Catholic ethos of the school
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
- A well-motivated body of students.
- A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
- CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for NQTs.
- A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
- A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA
Email: [email protected]
Sandpits Lane, Keresley, Coventry, CV6 2FR, Tel: 024 7633 2382
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Wednesday 10 March 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
To apply for this job please visit: www.cncs.school.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.