Salary: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 0.2 full time equivalent
Location: St. Thomas More Catholic Voluntary Academy
Palace Fields, Buxton SK17 6AF
Start Date: September 2020
St Thomas More Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual who is passionate about teaching Physical Education.
St Thomas More is a small popular Catholic 11 to 16 High School in the beautiful town of Buxton in Derbyshire; within easy access from Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire and Stockport as well as Derbyshire and other surrounding areas. The school converted to become an Academy in September 2018 and is a member of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
A commitment to play an active part in the extra-curricular life of the school is essential. Applications are welcome from experienced and newly qualified teachers.
How to apply
Closing date: 17th July 20 at 9:00 am
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first-class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our Academies, please visit www.srscmat.co.uk
Follow us on twitter @srscmat
Connect with us on linkedin
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavor to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
You do not need to be a Catholic to work in our Trust. There are certain reserved positions, which require someone to be Catholic, i.e. CEO, Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Subject Leader/Head of RE and Lay Chaplain but other than that a respect for our ethos and a willingness to participate in what we do is all that is required.
To apply for this job please visit: www.srscmat.co.uk.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.