We are delighted to offer the opportunity to join St. Cuthbert’s RC High School, a popular and exciting school with our state of the art building providing a wonderful environment for learning.
The role would suit an experienced practitioner looking to work in a large Department with further professional development and opportunities.
The successful candidate will be joining a school which is progressive, innovative and extremely ambitious. The Governors and Senior Leaders are committed to professional development and staff well-being. The successful candidate will be supported via a bespoke training and development plan appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
Core Purpose: To support and uphold our Catholic ethos, ensuring the Mission Statement is at the heart of day to day professional duties. The principles of Every Child Matters must underpin how our responsibilities are carried out. To support the Subject Leader in raising standards of pupil attainment and achievement within the curriculum area in line with national, diocesan and school policies/priorities. This will include engaging with whole department initiatives regarding the quality of learning, teaching and assessment. In addition it will mean monitoring pupil progress and co-ordinating effective intervention to improve pupil outcomes for pupils whom you are accountable.
The successful applicant will:
• Be a consistently good to outstanding practitioner
• Plan, prepare and deliver lessons with a focus on high quality, imaginative and innovative teaching
• Be committed to the ideals and potential of all-through education
• You will work well under pressure and be a confident communicator and team player
• Managing and developing high quality teaching resources to match the needs of the curriculum and the different abilities of pupils.
• Ensuring a high quality learning environment within the classroom by managing, improving and monitoring classroom behaviour and utilising department policies and sanctions which are consistent with the agreed school Behaviour Policy.
• Assisting the Subject Leader by promoting learning through out of hours activities.
• Assisting the Subject Leader by promoting the school Homework Policy.
• Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate in order to be aware of developments in both curriculum and pedagogy.
• Being accountable for monitoring, developing and co-ordinating strategies to raise pupil achievement for those you are accountable.
• To support all whole school Liturgical Events under the direction of the Subject Leader
• There are other duties that the Headteacher/Subject Leader may, from time to time, ask the post holder to perform.
Job Applicaton Downloads:
To apply for this job email your details and or your CV to: Headteacher@scrchs.com
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.