School: St Teresa’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: 37 hours per week, all year round (full time)
Band: OLOL Band 4, NJC Scale Points 11 – 17
Salary: Actual Salary Band £ 21,748 to £24,491
Start date: October 2021
Closing date: 9.00am, Friday 1 October 2021
St Teresa’s Catholic Voluntary Academy has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Site Manager to join our team from October 2021. The successful candidate will have previous premises management experience and will take responsibility for the care and maintenance of the premises. You will be a key player in ensuring the high standards of compliance are maintained and that facilities are safe and the best that they can be. You will manage one caretaker and will work closely with the Trust Director of Estates and Facilities focusing to deliver high quality and safe learning and teaching environment. A knowledge of Health and Safety is essential to this role as well as being able to communicate effectively.
In return for your commitment, we offer:
- A 37 hour working week Monday to Friday with occasional out of hours work where required.
- All PPE and workwear.
- 25 days holiday per year + 8 Bank holidays.
- A first-class index-linked pension.
- Laptop and mobile telephone.
- Excellent ongoing training and professional support in your career development.
- Opportunity to work towards a professional qualification leading IWFM associate membership.
- Friendly and supportive local team.
- Dedicated employee support scheme.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Minimum of 1 year experience in building management.
- Experience of working in an educational setting is a distinct advantage, as is the ability to carry out minor building repairs.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to prioritise tasks.
Visits to the site are strongly encouraged.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
The Trust and St Teresa’s Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1 October 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn