The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational School Chaplain and are looking for a committed Catholic (Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010 applies) with a good understanding of Catholic theology. The successful candidate will have a passion for encouraging the Catholic faith in young people, to lead and develop the spiritual, liturgical and prayer life of the school community and all aspects of the school’s chaplaincy provision.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
• Understanding of the role of chaplain in the spiritual development of students and staff
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and can work independently as well as within wider teams in school and across our Trust
• Demonstrate an interest in the welfare and pastoral well-being of young people
• A solid understanding of, and commitment to, working within the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
• A positive attitude, an optimistic approach to change and development, a balanced sense of perspective and a good sense of humour
St Alban’s Catholic High School strives to provide an excellent education for our students within a caring Christian community where all are respected, valued and supported to achieve their potential.
Visits to the school by potential applicants are welcomed. Please telephone Lisa Gittins, EA to Headteacher, on 01473 726178 to arrange. For an informal conversation about this post, please contact Matt Baker, Headteacher.
All offers of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, evidence of Right to Work in the UK and satisfactory completion of all other pre-employment checks.
To apply for this job please visit: www.st-albans.suffolk.sch.uk.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.