Job title: Pupil Premium Champion
School: The Becket Catholic School
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: 37 hours per week, term time only
Salary: Band 4– actual starting salary £18,674 – £21,029 per annum
Closing date: Monday 4th October 2021
Job Starts: October 2021
Do you have experience of working with young people aged 11-16 in either a paid or voluntary capacity?
We promote the highest possible standards in pastoral care, self-belief, and behaviour. There are clear guidelines for what is expected of each individual and how everyone can make a positive contribution to both our school community and to the wider community.
We are seeking a ‘champion’ who will work with a range of pupils, many of whom will be from disadvantaged backgrounds and will give priority to those who need the most help. The variety of issues covered will be vast, ranging from punctuality, absence, bullying, challenging behaviour, abuse, and low esteem.
You will provide a range of support services designed to enhance existing provisions, support learning, increase participation and encourage social inclusion.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent which ideally includes English and Maths. Higher level academic qualifications will be considered an advantage. Applicants must ideally have prior experience of working with young people, have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate an ability to support students both in a pastoral and academic capacity.
What makes The Becket School special is the real sense of community that you can see and sense as you walk around the school. Each individual child is important to us and our expectation is that all our students will develop and grow as young people as they make their journey as part of our community. The quality of teaching is strong, and our staff are talented, caring and dedicated.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed teachers
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school directly.
The Trust and The Becket School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Details of this post and an application form are available on our website www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 4th October 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn