Phase: Secondary with sixth form
Salary: Group 6 L31-L35 (£96,168 – £105,253)
Required September 2022
Our Lady’s Catholic High School is a successful, richly diverse inner city 11‐19 girls’ school with a mixed sixth form, we are a small school with 750 students on roll. We have a strong Catholic ethos, set in a caring and inclusive community.
We are a community where our young people are given a clear vision for life, a vision which is rooted in the person and teachings of Jesus Christ and which is faithful to the mission of the Catholic Church. We want our students to be active in the way they live their faith and work with and for others.
Our Lady’s High School enables all in our school community to achieve their highest potential and prepares our students to become compassionate and caring citizens, aware of their global responsibilities.
The school is currently being led by an interim team from Cardinal Pole school. The school has experienced a period of financial challenge which has now been addressed but will require a head with a business focused mind to ensure the long-term probity of the school.
As a school we continue to be sharply focused on raising achievement for all our young people and we are looking to appoint a leader who can continue the journey to outstanding. Our new head will have the opportunity to build capacity in our senior leadership and will be focused on working within the community to promote the school.
The appointed candidate will be a highly collaborative strategic leader with an ability to engage with a range of internal and external partners to further enhance school improvement. Governors welcome applications from Deputy Headteachers looking to lead their first school.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic, who will strive to uphold and develop strong spiritual and moral values throughout the whole school and wider community.
• Have clear understanding of the challenges that face an inner-city school.
• Be an inspirational leader with a clear vision for the future of the school, building on its current capacity.
• Lead by example, with a ‘can-do’ attitude that inspires commitment from students, staff and the local community.
• Have a clear grasp of the financial challenges facing schools and be able to work effectively to market and promote the school within the competitive London school community.
• Have a proven track record of raising standards in teaching and learning, resulting in measurable whole school improvement, within an aspirational, caring and accountable ethos.
School visits are welcomed and encouraged by prior arrangement. Please contact Dion Mills on firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal and confidential conversation about this post please contact Dion Mills on 07899063321
Application forms and an information pack can be requested from email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Monday 22nd November
Interviews: Tuesday 30th November and Wednesday 1st December
Our Lady’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification, they will also be required to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure and all other pre-employment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education.
We follow a strict pre-employment process in line with Safer Recruitment / Keeping Children Safe in Education. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks
Post exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974