Hours: 17.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Grade/SCP: Band 1 SCP 1-3
Salary: £17,842- £18,562 full time salary, £7,245.99 – £7,538.40 part time salary
Location: Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy, Duffield Road, Darley Abbey, Derby, DE22 1JD
Start Date: September 2021
Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Midday Supervisor to join their hardworking team of staff.
Situated in the beautiful Darley Abbey area on the outskirts of Derby, Saint Benedict is the city’s only Catholic Secondary school. We serve a wonderfully diverse community of students who come from over forty countries around the world and who come from all parts of Derby and beyond.
This is a great time to be joining us with results improving year on year. This is a result of considerable investment in developing our teaching staff and creating an excellent school curriculum. In our most recent inspection, Ofsted graded us as Good in every category. We celebrated our best ever GCSE and A Level results in 2019 with a Progress 8 score of +0.31 and our A Level value added in 2019 was the highest in Derby and the Diocese of Nottingham. As a Catholic School, the values of the Gospels underpin all of our work and a key part of our mission is to champion those in society who are disadvantaged.
We are most proud of the fact that our rapid improvement in outcomes has been in an inclusive and supportive environment, as Ofsted described ‘a distinctive feature of pupils’ behaviour in this school is their sense of a community and the care that they extend towards one another’. In addition to setting out a clear vision for school improvement we work hard to ensure that every child has their needs fully met by our outstanding SENCO and our Inclusion Team. As a community of professionals we are also highly supportive of one another.
How to apply
To apply please complete and return the following documents and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Support Staff Application Form
• Consent to Obtain References form
• Rehabilitation of Offenders Form
• Recruitment Monitoring Form
Closing date: Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 9:00am
Interviews: Friday, 17 September 2021
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first-class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our Academies, please visit www.srscmat.co.uk
Follow us on twitter @srscmat
Connect with us on linkedin