About the School
St Francis Xavier’s College is a successful and popular 11 – 18 boys Catholic Academy with a mixed 6th form. The College has a history going back to 1842 and has a strong Catholic based Christian ethos. Students at the College are encouraged to achieve their full potential through the mission statement of “…life in all its fullness” (John 10, 10). The College believes in developing a rounded individual so that students are prepared for life academically, spiritually, morally and socially.
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational, and hard working Teacher of Maths to join our committed and dedicated team as soon as they are available. Due to promotion within the College for a team member there is a potential opportunity for the right candidate to become the Temporary / Permanent Second Teacher in the Maths Department with a TLR3 of £7,017. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher with a love of their subject to join St Francis Xavier College.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach Maths across the ability and age range. In addition, we are looking for the following qualities in the successful applicant:
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
Applications from NQT’s are welcome and the ability to teach A Level Maths and Further Maths is desirable, although not essential.
How to Apply
Please visit our website for further details at http://www.sfx1842.org
For further information and school visits please contact email@example.com
Forward completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
Interview Date: Monday 4th October 2021
2nd Interview Date: Tuesday 5th October 2021
3rd Interview Date: Wednesday 6th October 2021
Job Application Downloads: