Salary: Grade 1 scp 1-1A pro rata to £17,842 – £18,002 (£9.77-£9.86 per hour)
Hours: Part Time – 8.75 hours per week during the school term time
Contract: 1 x Permanent and 1 x Fixed Term until 19th July 2022
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 6th December 2021
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint 2 Lunchtime Organisers one on a permanent basis and another on a fixed term basis to supervise students in the dining areas and elsewhere as required by the Headteacher at St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School in Wythenshawe. You will be required for 8.75 hours per / 1.75 hours per week starting usually at 11.20 am (exact times may vary) from Monday to Friday.
The main duties of the role are:
• To help create an atmosphere so that the meal and lunchtime recreation is a pleasant experience for the students and staff
• To take students who have minor accidents or are unwell to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser, for first aid where necessary, and if first aid is not necessary, comforting and reassuring them
The successful candidate will:
• Establish a good rapport with the students in your care.
• As well as being professional, be friendly, patient and understanding towards the students
• Be flexible, motivated and able to follow instructions and remain calm in difficult circumstances
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations.
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work within a welcoming and enthusiastic environment with wonderful children, supportive staff, governors and parents
• Close links and group support from three other schools in this forward thinking Catholic multi-academy trust in this exciting time in our development
• An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals
• Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of 18.5%
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to a library of on-line training courses and fully accredited qualifications and opportunities to access other relevant paid training.
• A range of employee benefits which support your well-being that includes:
o A confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is extended to members of your family
o A Health Cash Plan which is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits which include covering the costs towards optical, dental, alternative therapy treatments, health screening and discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts. Some benefits are also available to family members
o Flu vaccination clinics
o Eyecare Vouchers
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Duffy (Headteacher’s PA) on 0161 437 3029 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Support Staff Application Form and return it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager at email@example.com. You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
To apply for this job please visit: www.wcatrust.info.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.