Learning Support Assistant
Required for September 2020
36 Hours per week
Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.15pm, Friday: 8.00am to 4.00pm
Term Time plus 2 weeks
Salary: Point 4-6: £18, 579 – £19,255 pro-rated (£21,210 – £21,981 FTE)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work with some of our students who have learning needs. The students concerned may have learning difficulties due to medical needs or specific learning difficulties. They will need support in class and with activities to help them meet their full potential. They will need someone who can help to build their self-esteem and confidence as well as helping them to progress.
You will be:
- Enthusiastic, resourceful and understanding, with a positive outlook. The ability to relate to young people is essential.
- Able to deliver support programmes in 1:1 or small group situations.
- Able to deliver and develop support strategies for students with specific needs.
- Able to work in a team sharing good practices and developing resources and
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity to work in a flourishing and dynamic department.
- CPD opportunities are available.
If shortlisted, candidates will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy test. Candidates successful in this will be brought forward to interview.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an Outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website.
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact the HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Interviews: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We reserve the right to close the position once a suitable applicant is appointed. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.”
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,408 students with 262 in the Sixth Form.
Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To apply for this job please visit: www.stphils.org.uk.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.