Catholic Multi Academy Trust / Primary
Contract type: PERMANENT, FULL TIME – based at St. Michael and All Angels Catholic Primary School in a mixed Yr3/4 class on a Federation contract.
- Are you an outstanding teacher looking for a fantastic leadership opportunity?
- Do you want the opportunity to develop assessment across an established federation of three good schools?
- Do you want the opportunity to develop your skills as a leader with colleagues whose primary goal is to continually strive to ensure the very best outcomes for our children?
- Do you want to work in a Catholic school where …” pupils’ well-being is of prime importance and they learn in a genuinely caring and supportive atmosphere?” OFSTED Jan 2019
- If you are answering yes to the questions above – then we would very much like to meet you!
The successful candidate will be joining a federation of schools who are committed to the communities that they serve. We would love the chance to show you around our school and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you.
Please e-mail us on email@example.com to arrange a visit with Mrs. MJ Holcroft, our Head of School.
The Governing Body welcomes applications from teachers who are Catholic or have an empathy with the Catholic ethos of the schools.
Full details and CES application forms can be downloaded from our website: www.federationcc.org.uk
Please return completed CES applications to the school either by post:
St. Michael and All Angels Catholic Primary School, Stonyford Road, Wombwell, S73 8AF. or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 20th October 2021, 12:00pm noon
Interviews will be held: Friday 22nd October 2021
NOTE: References will be requested for all candidates invited to interview.
Further Information for Assessment Lead Responsibility Type:
Report to: Mrs Wray / Mr Thorpe
The main duties of this post include, but are not limited to:
- Collate, prepare and send data to Heads and Governors following the assessment calendar.
- Provide commentary on the performance of different groups and be able to signpost areas for improvement / explain why groups are under/over-performing.
- To attend and help to moderate assessment information in all three schools along with other teachers and Heads of School as per the assessment calendar.
- Maintain and distribute the assessment calendar including dates of assessment weeks and which assessments should be used.
- Keep up to date and share national information on assessment, reporting arrangements and anything else that may impact upon testing in school.
- Continually review the quality of assessment material used and suggest improvements where needed.
- Become confident in using assessment systems such as Maestro and FFT to ensure we have the relevant information we need for assessment and school improvement.
- Develop a working understanding of the different assessment methods used in different year groups throughout school.
- Be able to compare school performance to national performance indicators and help to ensure we remain above national averages in as many measured areas as possible.
- Have an impact on the assessment practices across all three federation schools.
- To lead either whole federation or school specific staff meetings / training on changes to systems / improvements to assessment practices.
- To visit each school in the federation for at least half a day each term.
- To develop formative and summative assessment practices in school so that they offer teachers as much information as they need in the most efficient way possible.
- Support the school’s leadership capacity and be able to help support with Behaviour, Parents and other elements of school life outside of your own class.
- Create, review and implement policy that links to your role.
- Be ready to offer support and advice to staff as and when needed.
- Write, review and adapt improvement plans for your area.
The Federation rigorously follows safeguarding procedures for recruitment. The offer of a post will be conditional upon a successful enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), satisfactory references and preemployment checks.