A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and enthusiastic professional to join the leadership team in our highly successful Science department
We are looking for an individual who:
• Is an outstanding Physics teacher, able to teach from KS3 to A Level (A level Physics experience is essential)
• Has exceptional subject knowledge, able to challenge the brightest and most ambitious students whilst inspiring and supporting all students
• Has the vision and ability to shape, coordinate and drive forward the curriculum and quality of teaching within the Physics department to promote outstanding progress and outcomes for all students
• Has the ability to lead the Physics department and work with and alongside the Head of Science and both the Head of Biology and of Chemistry to shape the direction of what is already a flourishing Science department delivering Trilogy and Separate Science at GCSE and with a thriving footprint at A level across the three sciences
• Is passionate about and can lead initiatives within the department to encourage a love of Science and Physics amongst our students
The successful applicant will lead a team of three dedicated staff in Physics and be an integral part of an overall Science department of 15 including two technicians
What we offer:
• A wonderful place to work in a very oversubscribed 11-18, mixed, Catholic grammar school, with an outstanding OFSTED rating and Teaching School status.
• A happy, harmonious, friendly and positive community of 1,100 students (~400 in the 6th form) and 120 staff who enjoy excellent working relationships
• A comprehensive range of CPD and career development opportunities within school, across our Teaching School alliance and beyond – staff development is a priority
• The support of an exemplary team of colleagues
• An ethos rooted in social justice, concern for the whole person and striving for excellence
Should you wish to discuss the role please contact Mrs Siân Gilding, Head of Science, via email: email@example.com.
As and when the situation allows, applicants will also be welcome to visit the school.
Please complete the online TES application form or download and complete the application form on our website and return to Mrs F Uschmann, Head’s PA/HR Manager by post or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 13 September 2020
St Joseph’s College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants for these posts will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.