The London Oratory School invites you to apply for the post of Director of Finance and Premises. Trad, but quirky, The London Oratory is amongst the city’s most prestigious Catholic schools. Educating boys from 7 to 18, with girls in the sixth form (some 1360 in total!), it puts a strong emphasis on music with a liturgical twist, all as part of a broad, liberal arts curriculum – but that’s not all, so do please visit our website for a fuller flavour: www.london-oratory.org! The School enjoys a highly competitive salary scale to recognise and reward the very committed body of staff that make up its Common Room.
The Director of Finance and Premises (DFP) is responsible for managing the strategy and operation of the non-teaching functions of the school, including financial management, health and safety, resources, estates, IT systems, compliance and administration.
The post holder is also Company Secretary and Clerk to the Governors. As such the post is the most senior of the non-teaching staff and has ex officio membership of the senior staff group.
The DFP will advise on and implement the day-to-day support that enables the school to operate effectively and efficiently, and that allows other members of the leadership team to focus on teaching and learning.
- Under the overall direction of the Headmaster, the post holder will play a role in:
- formulating the aims and objectives of the school;
- establishing and managing policies through which they shall be achieved;
- managing staff and resources to that end;
- monitoring progress towards their achievement;
- undertake any professional duty of the Headmaster which may be delegated by the Headmaster; and
- undertake such other duties and responsibilities as the Headmaster may reasonably direct from time to time.
The School puts a premium on a virtue based, character development curriculum in the Catholic, Oratorian tradition, underpinning and enriching both knowledge rich and skills-based approaches to pedagogy; as such, all teaching staff are expected to make a contribution to the rich intellectual, spiritual, pastoral and co-curricular life of the school, in whatever way their talents suggest.
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
In addition to first class, tasteful facilities (including on-site parking, a gym and swimming pool) and a highly competitive salary package, here are five reasons as to why you might consider working with us:
1. Our vision: A compelling vision of what a distinctively Catholic education should look like, open to the world and fitting pupils to move through it with panache and confidence;
2. Our pupils: Well-disciplined, switched on, cosmopolitan – and quirky – supported in their growth by skilled staff and a tightly structured pastoral system;
3. Our staff: An intellectually lively and collegial Common Room culture, that supports you in your growth as a subject and pedagogical expert;
4. Our priority: A highly supportive and collegial atmosphere at all levels that values and recognises the great work that teachers do, and the challenges and sacrifices they make to do it. In addition to daily freshly brewed coffee, we also offer full access to staff medical and counselling services, should these be required;
5. Your future: An innovative staff development programme that looks to support you in growing in your vocation, in a school that is keen to think through the implications of cutting edge pedagogical research and development, within a rich philosophical and spiritual heritage.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed. If you would like to visit, or have any queries, please do get in touch with Mr Dan Wright, Headmaster by email on email@example.com.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, and they School reserves the right to interview suitable applicants before the deadline.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.