School: The Good Shepherd Catholic Voluntary Academy
Contract Type: Part-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start date: January 2022
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 11 October 2021
Interview date: TBA
The Good Shepherd Catholic Voluntary Academy, located in the suburb of Woodthorpe, Nottingham, is a two-form entry school for pupils aged 4-11 years of age. The Governors are seeking to appoint a motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic teacher to join our friendly and inclusive school. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a very popular school blessed with great support from the parents and community. The staff are a friendly, supportive, and caring team of dedicated professionals. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome.
- Possess QTS.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Care about children’s learning.
- Be hard working, enthusiastic and committed.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Work in partnership with staff, governors, parents, and the wider community.
We can offer:
- Wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best.
- A team of talented and highly committed teachers.
- A supportive working environment with excellent facilities.
- Professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- A commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Multi Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert closing date: 9am Monday 11 October 2021
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and The Good Shepherd School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn