Are you passionate about raising the aspirations of young people? Would you like the opportunity to inspire and motivate young people from a diverse range of backgrounds to meet their potential?
We are looking to recruit an experienced, qualified Careers Advisor to ensure that pupils throughout their time at Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School are provided with impartial careers information, advice and guidance. We are seeking to appoint the right person who is passionate about raising pupil aspirations, supporting pupils to realise their potential and enable students to create future long term goals. This role will support the implementation of our current careers provision, ensuring that all Gatsby Benchmarks are met. This is an exciting time in the journey of our ‘Good School’ (OFSTED, September 2016) as the careers provision at Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School builds on its current good practice and strives for excellence in helping all our students to realise their academic potential. Cardinal Wiseman is a small secondary school with a supportive and caring community of teachers and pupils. As a Catholic school we value the individual person, recognising that each life is unique and precious. This is evident in our careers provision, where our strategic programme strives to close the social mobility gap, remove disadvantage and enable all students to access the support and guidance they need to realise their potential and plan for future success.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
● Level 6 or above Diploma in Career Information and Advice
● Experience of working with secondary school students
● Experience of successfully delivering the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
● Strong organisational, time management and administrative skills and confidence using information technology.
● Able to demonstrate ambition for all pupils; a genuine passion and belief in the potential of every pupil.
Key responsibilities include:
● To offer advice/guidance for students on potential career options
● To support Y11 students with post 16 applications
● To work with the relevant Leadership Group member to ensure that the school meets all Gatsby Benchmarks in its careers provision
● Providing QA of the school’s programmes and ensuring that they are in line with best practice
● Coordinating the school’s work experience programme
● To forge links with corporate partners to expand our work experience offering
● To forge links with apprenticeship providers to expand our apprenticeships offering
● To develop the schools’ alumni network
● To oversee the rollout of Unifrog (online careers platform) across the whole school
● To support with administration of our careers programme
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to
speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
To apply for this job please visit: www.tes.com.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.