The Governors wish to appoint an inspirational Assistant Headteacher, committed to excellence. The position is non-class based but with a teaching commitment. This is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher with significant Leadership Experience to further develop both classroom and leadership skills, working within our Catholic ethos of support and growth. You will be responsible for leading, monitoring and evaluating the curriculum to ensure high standards of delivery to improve pupil outcomes. As part of the role you will interpret and analyse school data, sharing the outcomes with all stakeholders as required. The Governors are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who:
- Has experience across as least 2 phases of primary education at Leadership level
- Has high expectations of pupil achievement and is an outstanding teacher
- Has an excellent understanding of the current curriculum and a proven track record of effective implementation
- Understands the current assessment climate and is up to date on recent developments.
- Has a passion for the teaching and learning of all pupils and raising their attainment
- Understands the importance of ensuring all pupils meet their full potential
- Has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in school with high expectations of both themselves and others
- Can lead and support others to fulfil their potential.
- Is willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of the school.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Play a part in leading in a diverse, inclusive forward thinking school
- Work with well behaved, happy pupils who are keen to learn and are proud of their school
- Work with a welcoming, supportive, hard-working staff and leadership team
- Build on your own professional development
- Work in a school with a strong Catholic ethos which values all
- Work in an amazing environment with excellent resources
Please contact Michelle Blakemore to request a visit to the school or an appication pack. St. Alban & St. Stephen Catholic Primary School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Closing date: 03/10/2021 23:59:00
Interview date: Week commencing 4 October 2021
St Alban & St Stephen Catholic Primary School & Nursery is a two-form entry school. Our children enjoy a newly built astro turf and huge outdoor sports courts as well as beautiful gardens and other outdoor facilities. This is a popular school, enjoying the benefits of a very supportive governing body, parents and PTA. We have close links with the parish and the local community. We have a very happy hardworking team of teachers and support staff who work well together. The school is ideally situated in historic St Albans, a cathedral town and is close to the city station and all main road routes, M1, M25.
Building God’s Community of Love and Learning
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com