Gunnersbury Catholic School is seeking to appoint a highly talented and ambitious Assistant Head of Religious Education at our Outstanding School. This post provides the opportunity for an aspiring subject leader to receive the very best coaching, and experience in their leadership journey. As a school that has consistently enabled extraordinary outcomes for our students, we are uniquely placed to develop our new Assistant Head of Religious Education to become an outstanding leader and future Head of Department.
The Assistant Head of Religious Education is key to Gunnersbury’s superb teaching and achievement with the department. The learning experience and outcomes of our students. Further to examination success and working under the direction of the Head of Religious Education the new postholder shall seek to further the faith of our pupils across the Key Stages whilst enabling fantastic learning for each pupil. Our new Assistant Head of Religious Education will be given responsibility for a specific Key Stage – this will be determined at interview to reflect the capability, experience and interests of the successful candidate.
Above all else we seek to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a real passion for Religious Education who is committed to the success of their students and is highly motivated to develop the teaching and learning across the department. Potential, dynamism, determination and resolve are key attributes for our new teacher. In particular we are very keen to appoint an individual who wishes to be Head of Religious Education within a few years. Our excellent school and Religious Education department will provide the experience, training and guidance to enable this ambition to be fulfilled.
Year on year Gunnersbury Catholic School has developed our staff to become fantastic teachers and leaders. In doing so, from one year to the next, we have enabled unparalleled success for our students. Our school is:
- A Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and behaviour are exemplary
- Committed to providing quality support, guidance and coaching to develop our staff so that they may progress to the highest levels as teachers and leaders
- One of the top Boys’ Comprehensive Schools in the country for GCSE achievement (DfE performance table 2019)
- An environment that enables achievement of the highest order 88% 5 GCSEs at 9-4 including English and Maths in 2019, Progress 8 score of +0.6
- Determined by the Fischer Family Trust as being amongst the top 5% of schools for GCSE achievement
- Determined ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2009)
- A workplace where staff are a friendly, welcoming and helpful team
Applicant packs and application forms are to be found on this (TES) page or may be downloaded from our website www.gunnersbury.com
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher’s PA – email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 7th July 2020 at 10am
Gunnersbury Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.