At Downside School, we are committed to providing the very best teaching and learning experience for our Pupils and our ICT provision is integral to ensuring our young people have the best learning resources. We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st Line Support – ICT Technician to be the main point of contact for front line technical support across the ICT Network, ensuring that ICT output is of a high quality and compliant with current legislation and standards.
You will be a clear communicator with a passion for ICT and a commitment to providing high quality customer service. The responsibilities are varied and challenging, which include the following.
- Set up and prepare ICT equipment in classrooms and for assemblies.
- Provide ICT hardware and software support either by telephone, remote access or in person as appropriate. This will include hardware repairs and redundant kit disposal; routine systems, hardware, and software maintenance; testing, installation and configuration of new hardware and software in a Network environment.
- To provide technical support for PCs in a networked environment, internet connections and email systems.
- To provide technical support for all Office 365 apps.
- Run daily checks of the backup system, raising problems with ICT Network Manager.
- Resolve printing issues and arrange external support if required.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an ICT related discipline or able to demonstrate equivalent experience of working in a commercial or education environment. Experience of ICT equipment build and repair techniques.
Excellent working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft operating systems for desktops and servers
- Office 365
- Helpdesk software and reporting
- A knowledge of Apple technologies and physical networks (switching, routing and wireless) is desirable
We will consider applications from less experienced candidates who have strong desire to work in a 1st Line Technician role, an aptitude for ICT hardware and software and a willingness to learn.
Downside School is a forward-thinking, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18. Founded in 1606 and based just 25 minutes from the famous World Heritage City of Bath, we are one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools.
The published Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report states that ‘a clear and positive attitude to learning permeates the whole school, enabled by excellent relationships between staff and pupils’ and that our pupils are ‘enthusiastic and highly motivated learners, able to work independently’.
If you would like to be part of a small but highly professional team, we would love to hear from you. Driving would be an advantage as Downside School is in a rural village with a limited public transport service.
- Salary: Circa £18,000 – £21,000 depending on experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00, with one hour for lunch – some planned weekend or out of hours working is required from time to time for specific school events or to provide cover.
- Contract: Permanent
Benefits: A complimentary lunch, free on-site parking, an employee assistance programme. 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 days Bank and Public holidays.
How to Apply
For further information please apply via our website at https://www.downside.co.uk/working-with-us/ where you can download full details of the role.
You can apply with this direct job link https://cvminder.com/2111efnq
Closing date for applications: Sunday 12 December 2021 (Midnight). We may close the post earlier if sufficient suitable applications are received.
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be DBS checked. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Company No. 11751009 and Registered Charity No: 1184700
To apply for this job please visit: cvminder.com.
Please mention catholicrecruitment.co.uk when applying.